Concordia Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, ethnic and national origin to all the privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at the school. Concordia Lutheran School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions, policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
- RequestInformationaboutourschoolfortheprinciplereasonoftheChristiandistinctivenessour school provides.
- Meet with principal and/or admissions counselor for an interview and tour.
- At the time of application, an appointment will be made for the child to take a readiness test or a test of abilities. Grades 1-8 should bring any information that would help give a more complete profile of the student such as: report cards, reference letters, standardized test scores and samples of previous work.$25 Testing Fee
- Parent/Guardian notified of testing results.
- Upon acceptance, bring in completed application with Registration Fee, and Materials Fee. New students will need a birth certificate and immunization records for registration. All students will need a completed and signed Health Appraisal Form.
- Parent(s) and child(ren) must agree to participate in the religious program of the school and pledge cooperation with the school in all matters of program and policy.
Students will be accepted for enrollment in our school based upon the following priority order:
- Students already enrolled in Pre K program at either association church and those already enrolled in kindergarten through seventh grade the previous year.
- Children of members of Hosanna-Tabor Lutheran Church, Redford or St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Farmington Hills.
- Children whose older brothers and sisters are already enrolled.
- Children of members of other LCMS congregations.
- Children of unchurched families of the community and children of members of other denominations.
Children may be enrolled in Kindergarten if they are five years old on or before October 1st of the year of enrollment. (This is in accordance with the policy of the Michigan Department of Education.) A physical examination and all immunizations should be completed before the child is enrolled. All children who meet the age requirement will be eligible to take the Kindergarten Screening.
Acceptance to Concordia Lutheran School is conditional upon receipt of permanent student’s records and results of placement testing until the end of the second quarter. Concordia Lutheran School reserves the right to refuse enrollment or reenrollment of any child whose special needs cannot, in the judgment of teacher(s), principal, and the school board, be met by Concordia Lutheran School.
- For every first time student in grades K-8 that you introduce to Concordia Lutheran School who enrollsand completes the school year (through April), you will receive a tuition reduction in May of $150. This reduction may also be designated to reduce the tuition of a family of your choice.
- If your child is a first time student in grades K-8, and you are introduced to Concordia Lutheran School through the Metro Parent ad and register using that ad, your tenth month of tuition is free.
REDUCED TUITION POLICY (Grades K-8 Only)
- Community members pay full tuition.
- Members of sister LCMS churches receive a 20% reduction from full tuition if they present a letter from the pastor stating that the child is a member in good standing.
- Members of Association Congregations (St. Paul’s and Hosanna-Tabor) receive a 40% reduction from full tuition.
Hosanna-Tabor and St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Attendance Requirement
- In order for a Hosanna-Tabor or St. Paul’s member to receive the association member reduction, the member child must be a member in good standing.
- Being a member in good standing is defined as having attended at least 26 worship services during the previous year. The year runs from July 1 to June 30. The 26 services may include any of the following:
- Saturday/Sunday services
- Advent or Lenten services
- Seasonal services such as Christmas, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter.